Thursday, May 5, 2011

Elle's 4 month shots :(

Last week, we had to take Elle to the doctor for her dreaded 4 month shots... She did really well though.  She just had a mild fever like she has had in the past with other shots.  We gave her Tylenol ever 4 hours and we were good to go!  While we were there we were told that she weighed 14.6 lbs, which puts her in the 50th percentile for weight.  She was 25 inches tall, which puts her in the 50th percentile for height (Yay, at least maybe she'll be average height!!!) and her head circumference was 15.95 inches, which is in the 40th percentile.  I'm always anxious to hear the doctor's percentages because I am still breastfeeding Elle and I want someone to tell me that she's getting enough milk.  I also want someone to tell me that I'm not giving her too much.  I think 50th percentile works for me!  We also asked the doctor about a bump that has been on Elle's head for a few months.  It's located on the back left side of her head.  The doctor did not know what it was and she recommended that we have an x-ray taken!  I'm not going to lie... That scared me a little bit so we went to UAMS-Lowell to have her x-rayed right after our appointment.  She did really good and barely cried during the x-ray. We were told that we'd find out the results the next day but they were not able to tell us until Monday.  That made us wait over the weekend to hear whether or not everything was ok... And it is.  The radiologist said that she has an extra faucet on her occipital bone.  They said she will probably have it for the rest of her life.  I'm definitely OK with that. You can't see the bump unless you are looking for it.  I'm so thankful that my baby girl is OK!!!!


Elle in an outfit that Ms. Di (one of the wonderful nurses that help take care of Corey's dad) gave her.  Notice there is a dolphin on her shirt!!! Thank you Ms. Di!

Since we were worried about Elle over the weekend, it was so nice to have something fun planned.  Our friends Katie and Andrew threw an awesome birthday (birdie) party for their son Sawyer!  Katie has her own party planning business (Katie Grace Designs) so as you can imagine the party was adorable!  Here are some pics:






The birthday boy with his cupcake!


Another attempt at a family picture.  Elle really had a great time although it doesn't look like it here!  
Thanks for inviting us Sawyer!




No comments:

Post a Comment