Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back to Work

Monday was my first day back to work.  It was bitter sweet because I had been looking forward to seeing the kids I work with and getting more into a routine but I missed Elle.  She is staying with Ms. Kim on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while I'm at work.  Kim is a mother of four who loves babies and has an extensive background with childcare.  Elle is the only baby she is watching so I feel really blessed.  Elle seems really happy with Ms. Kim so it makes this process a lot easier.  We also did a few practice runs before this Monday so that Ms. Kim and Elle could get to know each other better so that helped too! This is what I saw when I picked her up on Monday:


Elle and Ms. Kim

Monday was also Derby's 4th birthday!  For those of you who may have thought we've forgotten about our little Derby dog... Derby went to Camp Bow Wow on Saturday (which he loves) and he got a special treat on Monday to celebrate his special day!



Elle celebrated too!


A pupcake from BigWag Bakery.


Yum!!!


Elle is getting more and more alert.  She is scooting upwards when she lays on her back, cooing like crazy, and is really starting to observe her toys and books.  
We couldn't possibly LOVE this baby girl any more!


Thanks for checking in with us!

2 comments:

  1. You have to tell me about Camp Bow Wow for when Jake gets here! What is it? Elle is growing so fast! I'll come visit when I get back:)

    ReplyDelete